英语情景对话:
A: I cannot stay here any more minutes.
我无法在此多呆一分钟。
B: What is wrong with you?
怎么了?
A: Tom is making so much noise. I have not a bit of peace and quiet all evening.
汤姆闹出很大的噪音,整个晚上我都无片刻安宁。
B: You can talk with him.
你可以找他谈谈呀。
习语:
peace and quiet:安宁
支持范例:
Tonight I want to have some peace and quiet.
今晚我想安安静静地休息一下。
Let’s enjoy a few hours of peace and quiet.
我们一起享受些安闲平静的时刻吧。
I'm going to the library for some peace and quiet.
我要去图书馆找个和平与宁静的地方。
What a fair treat to get into the peace and quiet of the country!
置身于安静的乡间多么令人愉快啊!
英语学习笔记:
make noise:吵闹叫嚷,发出噪音
范例:The teacher had just left the room when the boy started to make noise .
老师刚离开教室学生便开始吵闹起来。
Don't make such a harsh noise. My ears are tingling.
别这样刺耳地吵,我都震聋了。
Don't make any noise while others are reading.
在别人看书的时候不要吵闹。
Don't make noise in the study, or father will get angry.
不要在书房里制造噪音,否则父亲会生气。
2. a bit of:一点儿......
范例:I think she might have lost a bit of weight.
我想她体重可能减轻了一些。
I've a bit of headache. It's nothing much, though.
我有一点头痛,不过并不厉害。
Don't rely on his memory, he's a bit of a dreamer.
不要相信他的记忆力--他有点神不守舍的。
I think Richard has taken a bit of a shine to you.
我觉得理查德有点喜欢上你了。
3. all evening:整个晚上
范例:He sat in a corner and said nothing all evening.
他坐在角落里, 整晚一句话也没说。
She has been sewing all evening.
她整个晚上都在缝纫。
He sat there all evening like a great gowk.
整个晚上他都坐在那儿像一个大呆子一样。
They left the baby at home, unattended all evening.
他们把那婴儿留在家里, 整晚无人照料。