英语情景对话:
A:It seems that something is praying heavy on you. What’s the matter?
A:你看上去心事重重,怎么回事?
B:Igot my father’s goat last night.
B:做完我惹我父亲生气了。
A:What did you do to get his goat?
A:你做了什么惹你父亲生气了?
B:When I asked him to treat me like he does to my sisters, he jumped down my throat. So I took it out on him by telling him what I thought.
B:当我要求像对待我姐姐那样对待我时,他对我连连训斥,所以我就发泄了一通,把心里的想法告诉了他。
习语:
get someone’s goat
讲解:
这个习语源于英国赛马比赛。从前在赛马比赛中有个习俗,即把一头山羊和要参加比赛的马关在一起。据说山羊和马为伴,能是暴躁的马平静下来。如果大赛前夕把山羊拖走,马屁就会心神不宁。这样,第二天的比赛就大打折扣。这种卑劣的手法就使人十分恼火,因此就用这个习语来比喻“使人恼怒,使人生气”。
支持范例:
Eg.It really got Mr. Brown's goat when he had to wait two hours to get his plane tickets.
不得不等上两个小时才拿到飞机票实在是让布朗先生生气。
Eg.The students did their best to get the teacher's goat.
学生们想方设法惹这位老师发火。
Eg.She has a quick temper. Such little things will get her goat.
她脾气不好,这么点小事就能惹她发火。
英语学习笔记:
1.jumped down one’s throat:突然对某人动怒;严厉斥责,愤怒指责
Eg.The teacher jumped down Billy's throat when Billy said he did not do his homework.
当比利说自己没有做家庭作业时,老师对比利进行了严厉批评。
Eg.Hejumped down my throat at the mention of his wife.
一提他妻子他就暴跳如雷。
Eg.He is a tartar, each time I met him he would jump down my throat.
他是个刺头,我每次遇到他,他都那么火气十足。
2.take out on somebody:对......发泄,把情绪发泄在某人或某物,迁怒于......
Eg.Get it off your chest if you feel you've been wronged. Don’t take it out on others.
你有委屈就说出来, 不该拿别人出气。
Eg.I know you've had a bad day but here's no need to take it out on me!
我知道你不痛快,可是也用不着拿我撒气呀!
Eg.It's not my fault that you've had a bad day, don’t take it out on me.
你这一天过得不愉快不是我的错,别拿我出气。
Eg.What have the kids done to provoke you? Why should you take it out on them?
孩子们没招你惹你的,你干吗拿他们当出气筒?