count on :指望依靠
英语情景对话:
A:I feel pity for the old man.
我可怜那位老人。
B:I feel the same way.
我也是。
A:It must be dreadful to grow old.
老了真是可怕。
B:Yeah. He has no one to count on.
是呀,他指望不上任何人。
英语学习笔记:
1.feel pity for:同情,怜悯
Eg. I feel pity for you, but I can't help you this time.
我同情你,但是这次是帮不了你了。
Eg. She was lazy so I do not feel pity for her now she's lost her job.
她这么懒惰,所以她失业了我也不会同情她。
Eg. I don't feel much pity for her.
我不太同情她。
2.feel the same way:有同感
Eg. They feel the same way about the matter.
他们对此有同感。
Eg. I feel the same way and hope it stays fine the year round.
我有同感,希望一年四季天气总是晴朗。
Eg. I feel the same way about Alan!
我同样感到Alan是为我而造的。
Eg. I feel the same way as my partner does.
我跟我的同事有着同样的感觉。
3.count on:依靠,指望
Eg. That was the only thing they could count on.
那是他们唯一依靠的东西。
Eg. Don' t count on a salary increase this year.
别指望今年会加薪。
Eg. After a broken promise, it is hard to count on a person.
一次失约,再要人相信你就难了。
Eg. Ben could always count on his sister to help him out of trouble.
本总是会依赖他的妹妹帮他解决困难。
Eg. You can count on him because he is a reliable man.
你可以信赖他,因为他是个可靠的人。