怎样背单词

怎样背单词微博
轻松背单词微信服务号

英语俚语习语小对话(74)"单相思"英语怎么说

时间:2018-02-01 12:22来源:未知 作者:admin 点击:
carry a torch for somebody 讲解:torch愿意为火把,for是为......而奋斗,carry a torch for somebody即为某人而奋斗,亦即爱上某人,和汉语中的单相思意思相近。 支持范例: Eg.The friends said that I
  • carry a torch for somebody
     
    讲解:torch愿意为“火把”,for是“为......而奋斗”,carry a torch for somebody即为某人而奋斗,亦即“爱上某人”,和汉语中的“单相思”意思相近。
     
    支持范例:
     
    Eg.The friends said that I am very silly, why can carry a torch for a flower.
    朋友都说我很傻,为什么要单恋一枝花。
     
    Eg.I 'm really afraid that I carry a torch for you.
    我很害怕自己会痴恋着你
     
    Eg.He is still carrying the torch for his old sweetheart。
    他依然苦恋着旧情人。
     
    英语情景对话:
     
    A:John hasn't got married up to now.
    约翰迄今为止还未结婚了。
     
    B:Don't you know that he has been carrying a torch for Mary for years?
    难道你不知道他这么多年来一直单恋着玛丽吗?
     
    A:Really? Does Mary know that?
    真的吗?玛丽知道了吗?
     
    B:Of course not.
    当然不知道。
     
    A:How silly John is.
    约翰太傻了。
     
    英语学习笔记:
     
    carry the torch 除了表示单恋,还可用以形容执着于某一事业或理想。
     
    Eg.Mike is known for carrying the torch for animal welfare.
    麦克因执着于动物福利事业而闻名。
     
    1.up to now:迄今,到目前为止
     
    Eg.I haven' t got any letters from him up to now.
    直到现在我还没收到过他的信。
     
    Eg.Up to now everything has been successful.
    到目前为止,一切都很顺利。
     
    Eg.Up to now, we have had no offers.
    迄今我们仍未报价。
     
    Eg.Up to now, everything is all right. More power to your elbow!
    到目前为止,一切都很好。加油做吧!
     
    2.for years:多年以来
     
    Eg.We have studied English for years.
    我们学英语已有好几年了。
     
    Eg.I hadn't seen a grasshopper for years since I moved into the city.
    从我搬进城里以后,我有好几年没见过蚂蚱了。
     
    Eg.Because of a family feud, he hasn't spoken to his wife's parents for years.
    由于两家不和,他已经多年不与岳父母说话。

    热门TAG:词汇分类记忆法      英语单词分类      单词分类背诵      英语俚语对话      

    发表评论
    请自觉遵守互联网相关的政策法规,严禁发布色情、暴力、反动的言论。
    评价:
    验证码: 点击我更换图片