build a fire under sb
	讲解:build是动词,有“构成,形成,使成为”的意思,build fire就是“生火”的意思,build a fire under sb字面意思是“在某人的脚下点把火”,引申为“催促某人行动起来”。
	支持范例:
	Eg.The landlord built a fire under the poor peasants for the debt. 
	地主催促可怜的农民还债。
	Eg.Don't build a fire under us for an answer to your request. 
	不要催促我答复你们的请求。
	Eg.They are building a fire under them to take an action.
	他们催促他采取行动。
	Eg.The boss built a fire under his employee to make an explanation to it.
	老板催促他的雇员对这件事做出解释。
	英语情景对话:
	A:Hurry up! Time is money!
	快点!时间就是金钱。
	B:Don't build a fire under me. I know the importance of time.
	别催我,我知道时间的重要性。
	A:But you are too slow to follow them.
	但是你太慢了,跟不上他们。
	B:Don't you see I'm trying my best?
	你没看见我正在尽力吗?
	英语学习笔记:
	1.hurry up:赶快,快点
	Eg.Hurry up, or we'll be too late to get anything to eat.
	快走吧, 再晚了就吃不上饭了。
	Eg.Hurry up or we will miss the train. 
	快点儿,不然我们就赶不上火车了。
	Eg.Let' s hurry up so that we may finish the work in time. 
	咱们快一点,好及时完成任务。
	Eg.We'll have to hurry up if we want to finish it today.
	想今天完活,我们就得抓紧点儿了。
	2.too... to...:太......而不能......
	Eg.He is too young to bear the misery.
	他年纪太小了不能承受这样的痛苦。
	Eg.Mary is too stupid to get through the final exam.
	Mary智力太差了,不能通过期末考试。
	Eg.The manage is too busy to have a talk to you about your salary.
	经理太忙了,没法和你谈你的薪水问题。
	3.try one's best:尽力,努力
	Eg.I try my best, but the coach finds fault with everything I do. 
	我已经尽力了,但是教练仍然百般对我做的每一件事挑剔。
	Eg.I'll try my best to procure you that original French novel. 
	我将尽全力给你搞到那本原版法国小说。
	Eg.We have been trying our best to come up with a solution.
	我一直在竭力相处一个解决办法。

 
  
