112 of age,of an age,of the age
	  这三个片语的意义各不相同。
	  Of age是“成年”,其对语是under age“未成年”。
	  例:
	  You are of age now.
	  你现在是成年人了。
	  In some countries boys come of age at sixteen.
	  在某些国家,男孩是十六岁成年。
	  Of an age是“同年”或“到了…年龄”。例:
	  John and I are of an age.
	  约翰和我是同年。
	  Mary,you are of and age to understand such things!
	  玛丽,你现在这么大,应该懂得这种事了!
	  Of the age是“当代的”、“近代的”。例:
	  He is one of the greatest poets of the age.
	  他是当代最伟大的诗人之一。
	  You must know the spirit of the age.
	  你必须知道这个时代的精神是什么。
	  顺便在此提一句,(for)ages和(for)an age的意义完全相同,都是表示“很久”之意。例:
	  They kept me waiting for ages(or for an age).
	  他们叫我等了很长很长的时间。
	  It took ages/an age for them to arrive.
	  他们需要很长很长的时间才到达。
         
 
  
