英语俚语习语小对话(67)"催促迫使"英语怎么说

时间:2018-02-01 12:15:47

(单词翻译:单击)

build a fire under sb
 
讲解:build是动词,有“构成,形成,使成为”的意思,build fire就是“生火”的意思,build a fire under sb字面意思是“在某人的脚下点把火”,引申为“催促某人行动起来”。
 
支持范例:
 
Eg.The landlord built a fire under the poor peasants for the debt. 
地主催促可怜的农民还债。
 
Eg.Don't build a fire under us for an answer to your request. 
不要催促我答复你们的请求。
 
Eg.They are building a fire under them to take an action.
他们催促他采取行动。
 
Eg.The boss built a fire under his employee to make an explanation to it.
老板催促他的雇员对这件事做出解释。
 
英语情景对话:
 
A:Hurry up! Time is money!
快点!时间就是金钱。
 
B:Don't build a fire under me. I know the importance of time.
别催我,我知道时间的重要性。
 
A:But you are too slow to follow them.
但是你太慢了,跟不上他们。
 
B:Don't you see I'm trying my best?
你没看见我正在尽力吗?
 
英语学习笔记:
 
1.hurry up:赶快,快点
 
Eg.Hurry up, or we'll be too late to get anything to eat.
快走吧, 再晚了就吃不上饭了。
 
Eg.Hurry up or we will miss the train. 
快点儿,不然我们就赶不上火车了。
 
Eg.Let' s hurry up so that we may finish the work in time. 
咱们快一点,好及时完成任务。
 
Eg.We'll have to hurry up if we want to finish it today.
想今天完活,我们就得抓紧点儿了。
 
2.too... to...:太......而不能......
 
Eg.He is too young to bear the misery.
他年纪太小了不能承受这样的痛苦。
 
Eg.Mary is too stupid to get through the final exam.
Mary智力太差了,不能通过期末考试。
 
Eg.The manage is too busy to have a talk to you about your salary.
经理太忙了,没法和你谈你的薪水问题。
 
3.try one's best:尽力,努力
 
Eg.I try my best, but the coach finds fault with everything I do. 
我已经尽力了,但是教练仍然百般对我做的每一件事挑剔。
 
Eg.I'll try my best to procure you that original French novel. 
我将尽全力给你搞到那本原版法国小说。
 
Eg.We have been trying our best to come up with a solution.
我一直在竭力相处一个解决办法。
 

分享到:

Copyright ©2013 轻松背单词